Projects and Research
Every development project should make at least one environmental condition in its vicinity better and make none worse.
Please click the links below to read about all the projects that we have been involved in.
- Bronx Canoemobile 2015 October 23-31
- HR BOA Step 2 Steering Committee #4 on 072215
- Summer Associate through AmeriCorps VISTA – apply by 4/29/2015
- Pier 5 May 2014 Visit Urban Waters Federal Partners
- Pier 5 Pop Up Wetland Plants Clean the Harlem River
- City of Water Day in Your Neighborhood Mural of Pier 5 Cleaning Water
- BCEQ Statement on FreshDirect and the South Bronx
- From other pens… Fresh Direct: A Rotten Deal
- The Harlem River: Our River, Our Future! Your Choice: 3/22, 29 or 4/5
- Harlem River CB 1 – some public documents
- Fresh Direct Deal cuts the Harlem and Bronx Rivers Greenway
- BCEQ’s Comments on Fracking, 01.11.12
- Bronx: Meet Your Waterfront Plan
- Comments on CSO and Green Infrastructure 11.18.11
- BCEQ Mini Conference on Harlem River Project UPDATES, Wed. October 12, 2011
- BCEQ invites you to join us at the City of Water Day at Governor’s Island on July 16.
- Sensitive Receiving Waters – Designation for the Harlem and Bronx Rivers
- BCEQ Letter to the National Park Service on Yankee Stadium Park Replacement
- ALERT: Community Groups — Harlem River needs letter of support
- NYC DEP Minor Modification to the Croton Water Treatment Plant Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement of June 2004
- DEP changes position, Judge disposes of moot case, We win
- Harlem River Brownfiled Opportunity Area (BOA)
- NYC DEP is building the CWTP in Van Cortlandt Park
- Yankee Stadium Redevelopment
We are working on this part of the site. To view the old files on each of the above project, click here.
RESEARCH – this is a new section which we will use for studies that others do on areas of concern. Some will be links, others will be downloads.
NEW BCEQ Harlem River Brownfield Opportunity Area (BOA) Step 2 is FINAL
Below are two files which make up the whole report. Please read each of the files.
Urban Land Institute did this report on University Heights:
Pratt Institute and Trust for the Public Land did this visioning document:
MIT did a great study on the Harlem River Waterfront: Bronx: Meet Your Waterfront Plan
Harlem River BOA study and report by BCEQ
Reclaiming the Riverfront study and power point by CB 7 and Columbia U Grad Students
Look for the Power Point to be uploaded soon! — one is the power point (large file 87 MB), the other is the pdf of it (medium file size 21 MB) which is zipped below:
Here is the zipped file — Restorying the Riverfront ppt May 2010
HRWG Power Point HRWG Complete Presentation
BP Power Point BxBPWaterFrontPresentationbrief
Harlem River Promenade (aka Depot Place) — Harlem River Promenade by Star Whitehouse (BOEDC)
ULURP the PUTNAM LINE into a GREENWAY
Here is the pdf of the proposal that is at CPC Dec 2010 —PutnamGreenway
Harlem River Yards Park and Greenway aka Stop FreshDirect