SUMMER’S END UPDATES – Back Soon from Fire Island
Unfortunately, I don’t get to spend my summers in The Bronx. We have a Mon&Pop store within one of the villages of the Fire Island National Seashore. I’m a member of the Village of Ocean Beach Env.Commission, so I do manage to keep e-conscious even when I’m not active as BCEQ Pres.
The Sept.9 BCEQ Meeting was hosted by Director Dotti Poggi of Ferry Point Park. There was good attendance including a number of new directors, inlcuding Dr.Dena Robins and Anne-Marie Runfola. We voted to post Meeting Minutes on this website, so keep visiting for new posts. Some issues of interest
(1) the fiasco of overspending at the ill-conceived VanCPk Filtration Plant debacle. I wonder who’s profiting from NYCDEP’s incompetency (or worse)?
(2) I hope to attend the 9-24-009 BRA UpStream Soiree honoring Buddy Stein. Go to www.bronxriver.org and join us.
All sorts of eco-events are updated regularly. Click on CALENDAR.
(3) I grew up 165th & Sheridan, so I got to sit in the bleachers and watch Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, JoeDiMaggio, etc.as a kid. We Yankee Fans will put up with all their selfish shenanigans just as long as they win.
(4) BCEQ & FVCPk are having a fun event on Weds, Nov.4th 6:30PM, so please don’t make any dinner plans.
(5) There’s a new “Environmental Focus” in the snailmail. Also a new BCEQ Flyer, so if you’ve not paid your dues, please do so by clicking on JOIN.
It’s good to be back in The Bronx.
This post was submitted by I.C. Levenberg-Engel.
- » <B> BX CB 8 JOINT COMMITTEES MTG POSTPONES VOTE ON HR GREENWAY
- » NEW ACCESS TO PRES'EMERITUS' BLOG ENTRIES THRU FACEBOOK
- » From other pens: Opposition to FreshDirect Project Grows to 34 Organizations
- » A walk down Stratford Avenue with Paul Mankiewicz
- » EPA Recommends New Recreational Water Quality Criteria to Better Protect Public Health